Friday 12 August 2011

WE HAVE FRIDAY!

The weekend is upon us again! Annoyingly this seems to be the first in a while where I've got nothing going on (outside of a trip to the Old Blue Last tonight to see a friend's band, Friendship). In preparation for some intense thumb twiddling, here's my WHF video!


Generally my WHF choices have been dance-y, but I thought I'd go for some balls-out rock from the excellent Welsh trio THE JOY FORMIDABLE. They're not the most original, but their album, The Big Roar, takes me back to my teenage days, watching bands like Reuben, Hell Is For Heroes and Hundred Reasons at The Pitz in Milton Keynes or The Soundhaus or Roadmender in Northampton.

Well written, loud songs with lots of drums and distorted guitars; you can't go wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment